By Richard Kent Matthews - Coach | Author | Speaker
|Are you ready to 'flower'?|
Successful living isn't really all that difficult. It's a matter of mind set.
The Seven Steps
- Dominion (self-reliance): Begin by letting go of the Victim Consciousness. “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- Divinity: Recognize your wholeness and connectedness to All That Is. “You don’t belong to you. You belong to the universe. The significance of you will remain forever obscure to you, but you [can believe] you are justifying your significance if you apply yourself to converting all your experience to highest advantages for others.” Buckminster Fuller
- Duty: Everything you do, say, think produces consequences. Choose wisely. ”A man cannot speak but he judges himself—with his will, or against his will, he draws his portrait to the eye of others by every word. Every opinion reacts of him who utters it…Everything you say [think, and do] reveals you.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Discovery: Observe the world around you—now. This is where it’s happening. “Almost the entire world is asleep. The few who are awake live a state of constant amazement.” (Attrib. to several)
- Direction: Create your calling. Don’t wait for it to find you. “Up. Sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough.” Benjamin Franklin
- Deep Bonding (Depth): Transform your relationships, especially with yourself. “Happy relationships depend not on finding the right person, but by being the right person.” Eric Butterworth
- Destiny: Aspire to greatness. “What is the use of living if not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?” Winston Churchill
Finally, in all things be grateful. Gratitude itself is the real key to successful living.