|You're always still under construction. Don't give up so close to the goal!|
"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: Fear of failure." Paulo Coelho
So, you're afraid you won't succeed at your most important goals, eh? Well, you might not--yet. But so what? Failure is often part, even a major part, of success. Persistence, though, can turn failure into fabulous!
How we allow fear to work against us:
- Procrastination--it's easier to just sit there.
- Pretending it doesn't matter--after all, so what, eh?
- Listening to the naysayers--they might be right!
- Giving up--it couldn't possibly work.
- Lying about it--it's not something anyone wants.
- Sour grapes--oh, well, didn't really want to do it, anyway!
- Start with small steps--that's not so scary.
- Remember it's only a thought--the mind plays tricks, caution.
- Move a little more each day--head in the direction of success.
- Hang around uplifting people--they'll be supportive.
- Get up!--hardest part, getting started. Do it now, something small.
- Practice gratitude daily--by remembering the good in your life right now. Write it down. Journal.
Fear is a powerful emotion and serves valuable purposes. It can also be a major block to success on every level. Recognizing it for what it is, is the first real step to moving beyond it, using it, thanking it for doing its job.
Failure? So what? Most of the greatest successes have failed many times before reaching their goals. You're in good company.
Start small, move a little, be grateful.